Have you heard about diet and nutrition going together?
Today, in our Modern Society, we must know much more about these topics!
How many times have you seen claim after claim showing you what to do to lose weight very easy and what to do to lose weight very fast? There is “The Protein Diet”, “The Carbohydrate Diet”, and even “The Fat Diet” become a nutritionist.
Do you know which diet is the best for you? Do you know which selections are best for you? Probably no one can decide for you alone!
BUT, we should know and we should care! Nutritionists keep telling us that “Good nutrition means our body is getting all of the nutrients, vitamins and minerals necessary to be able to work and play efficiently.”
Through our personal education, research, and instruction we have come to know there are principles of good nutrition available to help a person in many ways. Such as:
a. Improving many bodily functions like cardiovascular, circulatory, respiratory, etc.
b. Recovering from stress, illness or healing of wounds.
c. Improving mental functions to include memory and cognitive functions.
d. Reducing the risk of various diseases, for example: heart disease, diabetes, stroke, osteoporosis and even
e. Boosting energy in the body and increasing the ability to ward of disease.
For these reasons it is very important to know, understand, and utilize all of the principles of good nutrition. Otherwise the numerous ‘fad’ diets on the market will have you constantly struggling with the “yo-yo” effects if you do not know the principles of good nutrition.
Anyone would agree, weight loss and weight gain can have a very detrimental effect on your health. For this reason alone, understanding the principles of good nutrition becomes more and more important for your health.
Learn to understand nutrition! Learn what will help you to get all the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals you need, so you can work and play efficiently. Good Nutrition will help you SUCCEED in living a healthy and fulfilling life.
Avoid FAD diets! Develop good nutrition basics along with a healthy diet and a healthy lifestyle. Avoid the detrimental effects of losing weight only to gain it all back and them some. Commit yourself to staying healthy now and for the rest of your life!
Many things can cause disease…… poor nutrition is definitely one of them! All the factors that lead to poor nutrition and even disease can be controlled by you. In addition to good nutrition you can also follow some key
prevention steps for good health such as:
1. Insist on eating a healthy diet. Eating foods that are low in fat, cholesterol and salt as well as eating fruits, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy products, low-fat sources of protein and fish high in Omega 3 fatty acids.
2. Maintain a health weight. Being overweight can lead to conditions that lend to many diseases. Heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and diabetes just to name a few.
3. Have an exercise program that includes exercise at least 30 minutes every day. You can include in your exercise simple things like walking, gardening, housecleaning, using the stairs, or walking the dog. You do not need to exercise strenuously every time, simply increasing the intensity, duration, and frequency of each workout is sufficient.
4. Refrain from smoking and using tobacco products. This is one of the greatest risk factors for many diseases.
5. Have regular medical check-ups. Without regular check-ups you may not know what ails you. These regular check-ups should include blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes screening and any other necessary tests.
We at 49 Plus and Holding.Inc. offer guidance, counseling, knowledge, and understanding to help change your health, fitness, longevity and more. In this way you will no longer suffer the “yo-yo” effects in dieting! Let us teach you first-hand what it takes to be truly healthy,to eat right and to live right in a consistent manner. Go to: [http://www.49plusandholding.com] for more information on NUTRITION and other subjects.
The producers and directors of 49 Plus and Holding are Carolyne W. Bailey and Gerald N. Calandra. Carolyne is a widely recognized instructor and expert in Fitness, Strength Training and Flexibility. She is presently teaching at the Health Place in Marietta, Georgia Associated with Kennestone Hospital. Jerry holds a Doctorate in Exercise Physiology and has taught Human Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, Biomechanics, Research and Design,and Biology on both the college and high school levels. After 40+ years in education he is presently retired and concentrating on writing for 49 Plus and Holding.